Post #9: BrainPOP, Code.org, PLC Meetings, Subscription Renewals, Technology Committee


It's been a wonderful week back; lots of gratitude this week for all you do to support technology at Happy Hollow and in the district. Thank you for being so supportive during the eSchoolPlus preview workshop on Wednesday and to those on the Technology Committee. Your feedback is very important to our success. Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend as we head into the next part of the holiday season.



BrainPOP - Accounts have been created for students in grades 4 and 5. If you'd like to make a classroom in BrainPOP, you can create assignments and have students join your class (similar to Google Classroom). I believe you can even add BrainPop assignments into your Google Classroom. I hope to use it with students next week as they have a few coding projects.



Code.org - A HUGE thank you to teachers for helping in the collection of permission slips for Code.org. I only need 9 more!! I have no doubt I will be able to collect those from students. They are probably tired of seeing me :) Next week is the official Hour of Code. I will be doing coding activities with students in technology class outside of Code.org as that site usually gets very slow during the official week. If all goes well with the last 9 permission slips, I will plan on starting all classes with Code.org the week of December 11th.  

PLC Meetings: I know that your PLC agendas are filling up. However, please let me know if you'd like me to attend an upcoming PLC to discuss technology. I'd be happy to answer any questions or provide training/support to you as a team.

Subscription Renewals: Based on the feedback from the HH Subscription Renewal survey, I have renewed BrainPop/BrainPop Jr, TumbleBooks/TumbleCloud Jr. and More Starfall. CultureGrams does not expire until March. I will review that request in January. Thank you for your feedback.

Technology Committee: We had our first technology committee meeting of the year yesterday, Thursday, November 30th at 3:30 in the computer lab. We had a wonderful discussion on a variety of topics. Here are our agenda notes.  Our next meeting is Wednesday, January 10th @ 2:30. 
All are welcome to attend and join in our discussions.