Post #3: Wifi Issues, Tech Support, Student Access to ClassLink at Home,



Where you can find me?? You can still find me in the back of the old computer lab classroom. If I am not there, then I am most likely in a classroom teaching. Feel free to leave me a note if you need anything. 



Chromebook and Connectivity Issues 
- You may have noticed increased issues with Chromebooks accessing the district wifi. These issues are happening district wide. The Tech Department is working towards a solution. In the meantime, please try staggering student logins to see if that helps. I find that later in the day, the issues get worse. 


Need Tech Assistance? Please send an email to help@waylandps.org with the following details: 

  • your room number
  • device tag number 
  • specifics about the issue you are experiencing

This will ensure that we can track technical issues.


Students Accessing ClassLink at Home - In case any family is asking, students can access ClassLink at home on a personal tablet, desktop, or laptop. You can share the following slideshow with families that outlines how to access ClassLink from a home device.