Post#1 - Welcome Back!


I hope everyone had a wonderful summer. Here is my plan for the next couple of days.

Wednesday - I will focus on distributing student iPad and Chromebook carts. Please make sure you have a spot available near an outlet. 

Thursday - I will pop into each classroom to make sure that your IFP and document cameras are all good to go for Tuesday. As in previous years, I will hit the kindergarten classrooms last since you won't be seeing students the first two days. So I might not make it to your classrooms until next Tuesday/Wednesday - but I will make it! Thank you for your understanding.

IFP Review - If you need a refresher on how to use the IFP (Interactive Flat Panel) in your classroom, I will host a review session on Thursday from 1:30-1:50 in the computer lab. If you are new to the IFP, I will host a new user session on Thursday from 1:50 - 2:15 in the computer lab. Please click this link to sign up for a session so I know who to expect. 

Other Updates


 iPads
- All iPads have been wiped clean - meaning all content has been erased and iPads have been reset with the appropriate grade-level apps. 


Chromebooks - Students in grade 5 are getting brand-new Chromebooks. These are touchscreen with a flip screen! Same model as the MS students. All other Chromebooks have been wiped and reset.

TA Chromebooks - These are brand-new Touchscreen devices (but do not flip). When printing, if you don't see a HH printer, please follow these directions.

ClassLink - We are still using ClassLink to access many of our student software subscriptions. K-2 students should continue to use the QR code cards as that is the easiest way to access their ClassLink account. If you need a refresher on how to access and print those cards, please see this video. (*Note - This video is from last year so you might notice the names are not correct. You can ignore that - the steps are still the same.) If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Software Subscriptions - All subscriptions that work in ClassLink (except Typetastic) are up and running! Track My Progress is also not ready. Eva should have both titles ready either the 1st or 2nd week of school. I will keep you posted.

That seems like enough to digest for now. Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions!

Need Tech Help? - Please email help@waylandps.org and include all pertinent details: school, room #, device tag #, and details about the tech issue so we can help you as quickly as possible.